The role will play a key role as part of the global Strategy and Architecture team. The role will take part in the evaluation and recommendation of various tools, processes, methods and products to build reliable, scalable and high-performing, enterprise class solutions for the business.
The role primarily involves review, recommendation and design of initial and evolving architectures. Involvement in certain aspects of the software development cycle may be needed to help overcome issues or obstacles that were not addressed in the initial architecture and to ensure the software engineering team is implementing the development patterns, overall architecture and models as originally designed.
The role involves analyzing and developing the security architecture to drive processes and procedures in the context of information security best practice and the prevailing cyber threat environment.
The solutions architect will closely coordinate with the engineering team functions to help augment the initial design and architecture to meet changing business requirements.
- Develops broad understanding of the solution architecture, including the impact of changes on a whole system and the security implications of solution.
- Contribute in the implementation of a detailed end-to-end architecture that entail the following elements: System Architecture, Application Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Security Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, Microservice Oriented Architectures, and Business Process Management
- Contributes with the security architecture within the software engineering group to meet client security requirements and apply industry standards
- Applies solution architecture expertise to lead the delivery of the most complex development projects.
- Helps evaluates the design, patterns, and architecture to understand how technical decisions may impact business outcomes and suggests new solutions/technologies that better align to Software Engineering strategies.
- Draws on internal and external practices to establish architecture best practices and standards within the team and ensures that it is shared and understood.
- Continuously develops technical knowledge and is recognised as a key resource across the global team.
- Collaborates with other specialists and/or technical experts to ensure Software Engineering is delivering to the highest possible standards and that solutions support stakeholder needs and business requirements.
- Initiate practices that will increase code quality, performance and security.
- Develops recommendations for continuous improvements initiatives, applying deep subject matter knowledge to provide guidance at all levels on the potential implications of changes.
- Builds the team’s technical expertise/capabilities/skills through the delivery of regular feedback, knowledge sharing, and coaching.
- Work with product management and business subject matter experts to translate business requirements into good solution design.
- Maintain the governance model on the solution architecture through training, design reviews, code reviews, and progress reviews.
- Participate in the development of solution architecture and roadmaps in support of business strategies
- High learning adaptability, demonstrating understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the Technology team for all client questions, ensuring
WTW Information Security’s Client Services team are appropriately engaged, immediately, along
with other SMEs within TAS, where involved and as and when appropriate. Responsibilities will
- Responding to Questionnaires and ad-hoc questions;
- Responding to RFPs/RFIs from prospects;
- Performing reviews of contracts involving information security, Pen Testing and related topics;
- Coordinating Client security audits/site visits – with personal face-to-face involvement to assist in the smooth running of the visits.
- Coordinating internal and external penetration tests. This will include application, infrastructure, static and dynamic testing.
- Coordinating resolution of items identified in penetration tests to meet specific client needs.
- Close cooperation with IS Client Services, and various TAS teams, to ensure we manage and maintain a single source of the truth for relevant security, IT applications/systems and data related information associated with client requests
- Serve as a subject-matter expert representing the function in client audits, work with
internal subject matter experts in collaborating appropriate evidence and pursuing closure of any
agreed remediation plan.
- A Bachelor's/College Degree would be beneficial and extensive experience in a technology related discipline, such as IT or Engineering is required
- Experienced developer with strong programming fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge on web and application development
- Technology agnostic and driven to keep skills up to date with trends, best practices, and emerging technologies
- Experience in architecture designs, patterns, and infrastructure
- Experience in automation frameworks
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery model
- Experience in application security and performance tuning
- Strong Oracle, PLSQL, or SQL development experience (TSQL, reports, performance tuning).
- Advanced knowledge with browser-based web applications delivered over the Internet that support high user concurrency
- Advanced knowledge with working with large relational databases
- Experience managing/leading a team of technical developers
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to research, design, and write new documentation, as well as to maintain and improve existing material
Equal Opportunity Employer