TRANZACT is a market leader in customer acquisition, operating a portfolio of multi-million-dollar consumer websites in the health and life insurance industry, including MedicareAdvantage.com, LifeInsurance.org, and many others. We are a team of passionate digital marketers spanning SEO, PR, media buying, creative, website development, and digital strategy & innovation.
Remote Work (COVID Update):
This position is open to remote candidates. As our company embraces a new age of collaboration, we are proud to bring the best talent possible. Our digital marketing operations are headquartered in Raleigh, NC.
About the Role:
As the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving the strategy and performance of content marketing campaigns that earn media from top tier outlets such as Vox, Forbes, Washington post, and other publishers. You’ll have the opportunity to build and grow a team in a ‘best of both worlds’ in-house agency-style environment (although we partner with the nation’s largest health care brands, this role markets our owned properties, not client websites.) You’ll lead story research with the editorial team, as well directly manage and train Media Relations Specialists to conduct email outreach and build relationships with journalists in health and personal finance beats. The ideal candidate will bring a unique combination of creativity, passion for data, and performance-driven attitude to hit campaign goals – media links, placements, mentions. A strong understanding of data journalism, public relations, and online communities (e.g. reddit, twitter) is essential, as well as a passion for building a fast-growing team.
What you’ll do:
- Content strategy – Run monthly brainstorm meetings newsroom-style to generate campaign concepts that attract journalists’ attention
- Campaign planning and project management – Manage the production of multiple campaigns across functional teams, including copywriting, design, development, and promotion
- Team management – Develop and train the Media Relations Associates in pitch writing workshops, journalist contact list building, as well as manage external resources (freelance/outsource labor) to support campaign initiatives
- Oversee key PR initiatives and relationships such as our Expert Advisor panel for contributing writers and syndication strategy
- Reporting and projecting weekly key performance metrics, e.g. links, shares, and mentions
- Innovating processes and workflows to improve efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Marketing, SEO, Communications, or related field (Agency experience a plus)
- 1+ years of direct management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited college/university
- Demonstrated understanding of digital media industry
- Outstanding written English communication skills and persuasive ability
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience within content marketing for the Healthcare or Financial services sectors
- Leadership or management experience with growing teams
- Experience with PR tools and media databases such as Cision, HARO, Muckrack, and others
- Experience with email marketing tools (e.g. MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.) and/or CRM software (e.g. SalesForce)
- Experience with analytics / data visualization suites (e.g. Tableau)
Benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Paid time off/holidays, 401(k), and bonus opportunity
- Free snacks and beverages -- a fridge full of La Croix (even the Cerise Limón flavor)
- Employee development programs - Reimbursement for PR professional certification, other paid training
- Frequent office events and outings
- Dog-friendly office
To apply, please submit your application online, with required email to [email protected]. Please include the Subject line: “Hire me” and in 200 words or less explain what value you could bring to the position. This is not a standard, generic cover letter outlining your resume, but rather than an opportunity to pitch yourself.
Please note that applications submitted without this email will not be considered.