As a team leader, you will be responsible for meeting a monthly rolling schedule of objectives including weekly team reviews, developing skills within the team and managing workload. You will also be expected to maintain and develop your own knowledge of pension schemes and relevant Accounting standards.
- Approval and oversight of cash management for a MiFID regulated conglomerate Bank account.
- Reviewing and analysing relevant financial data to be used as a basis for the preparation of Trial balance for Pension Fund Accounts.
- Be a point of reference on technical issues and non-standard cases.
- Monitor own workflow and that of junior associates to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Take the lead in more complex/project work when required.
- Build and maintain technical, procedures and client knowledge through experience.
- Work with the TAS Finance Manager to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs e.g. automation, full use of standard procedures.
- Encourage teamwork by sharing knowledge, ideas and solutions.
- Be responsible for the team members' performance reviews.
- Assist with recruitment and selection process.
- Hold weekly team meetings and daily team huddles.
- Demonstrate good written communication skills to deal with more complex queries and requests.
- Ensure all communications are dealt with within defined quality and service standards.
- Identify in advance with Manager nonstandard events through work planning to ensure all work is charged, in particular, requests and projects outside the agreed fee basis.
- Display good time management skills and demonstrate ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Demonstrate commitment by ensuring that targets and deadlines are met.
- MIS and reporting on audit management
- Participate in training programmes.
- Qualified Accountant
- The candidate should demonstrate a substantial knowledge and understanding of accountancy procedures, with the ability to work accurately and in a detailed manner to meet strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, works and interacts well with people from various levels of the business i.e. Senior Management & Administrators within Willis, Finance and Human Resource Managers of Clients and , External Audit Companies and Fund Trustees.
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to the job as required and provides support in helping to meet deadlines or take on additional responsibilities.
- Previous experience with pension scheme audits would be an advantage.
- Works well under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- Previous Team Leader experience.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.