As the Technical Writer you will play a key role in our Product and Technology practice
by crafting product documentation and other materials based on the direction of our product
development scrum teams, analysis of our users, and input from other practices.
The individual in this role will have the opportunity to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the fields of benefits outsourcing & software development. Our Product Development team associates feel empowered to make key decisions to continually improve our offerings and create supporting processes.
- Responsible for helping develop and evolve documentation strategy
- Build out and maintain existing library of documentation – including technical specification, release communications, user manuals, and other materials as needed
- Deliver high-quality documentation to our practices and end users, while also contributing to establishing best practices and standards
- Minimum of 3+ years of Technical Writing experience
- Ability to set priorities and undertake complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with multiple teams and multiple projects
- Experience writing developer guides, end user documentation, and software release communications.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to research, design, and write new documentation, as well as to maintain and improve existing materials
- Ability to assist in scoping documentation efforts and creation of timelines to meet deliverables
- Assist in the development of documentation support strategy
- Experience with creating online documentation in Confluence
- Strong skills in the following applications: MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, some type of screen capture and image editing tool
- Experience writing technical documents in .NET framework a plus
- Experience in short release cycles and Agile-Scrum methodology
- Some functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a PLUS: Health & Welfare Administration, Pension Administration, C#, Scrum / Agile, SQL Server
- BS / BA degree or relevant experience
- English Fluency
Equal Opportunity Employer