As a User Experience (UX) Designer at Willis Towers Watson, you will join a collaborative team—consisting of product managers, software developers, quality assurance specialists, fellow UX practitioners and stakeholders—to work on transforming the benefits delivery and administration industry by solving complex problems with elegant user experience solutions that delight our users and clients. We create consumer- and enterprise-level web-based software for retirees, employees, and clients.
Please note that we are open to well-qualified candidates in any U.S. location, including remote.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
You will apply human-centered and data-driven principles, while employing your keen ability to empathize, to conceptualize and validate solutions that deliver the most usable, viable, feasible, and delightful solutions aligned with business goals. Activities you lead and perform will include, but are not limited to:
- collaborating with stakeholders to discover, elicit, and analyze problems and requirements;
- primary user research, uncovering clear problem definition;
- task and workflow analysis, flow/process diagramming, journey mapping;
- formative concept design, wireframes;
- multi-fidelity prototyping, usability testing and validation, evidence-driven iteration;
- user-interface and interaction design, specification;
- implementation support.
You will work with the above-mentioned collaborators on one or more products. This may also include working on cross-product initiatives. You will be responsible for ensuring service-line- and segment-level UX Standards are implemented for both usability and experiential consistency.
- You are a UX product designer who is adept at balancing your clearly-communicated point-of-view with a “Nothing is Precious” attitude.
- You believe constructive critique and feedback is integral to a user-centered design process and actively solicit UX colleagues for input that will support iteration on concepts that deliver more valuable solutions.
- You value transparency and understand that reporting on the progress of your work is key to your success and that of your teams and colleagues.
- You establish and foster relationships with stakeholders to ensure success by addressing needs of users and the business by applying intellectual curiosity to continually increase your business expertise.
- You are comfortable working with a diverse range of stakeholders, including executives, and can speak the language of business as well as technology, always ready to represent the collective needs of our users.
- You are able to effectively communicate your design decisions to stakeholders through research and empathetic analysis.
- As a member of the UX practice, you will work with other practitioners to develop and promote shared understanding of our user’s goals, tasks, and workflows.
- You have experience working in, and evangelizing, user research, strategy, design, and/or usability.
- At your core, you have an insatiable passion for User Experience, discovering new ideas, defining them, and working in a highly-collaborative work environment.
- You are driven to ensuring consistency that user interfaces adhere to our UX standards and are congruent with our portfolio of products.
- You have a strong understanding of UI and interaction design principles, use of typography, color and page layouts, and attention to detail while also being able to think at the “40,000 foot” level.
Substantial (5-7+ years)
- Human-Centered Design in an agile software development environment;
- Creating and executing usability testing, in particular you have leveled up your skills in writing and developing non-leading usability scenarios and tasks;
- Designing usable interfaces with complex, multi-step interactions.
Designing responsive web
applications or mobile applications.
- Bonus: you approach design problems with a “mobile first” mentality.
- Web accessibility and assistive technologies (screen readers, etc.).
- Tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure RP, Adobe CS, Visio, Balsamiq, or similar.
- Designing responsive web applications or mobile applications.
- Demonstrable ability to work with both collocated and remote collaborators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have mastery in at least 2 out of 4 essential UX disciplines: visual design, interaction design, user research, or front-end development
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, potentially across different products, maintaining acute attention to details.
- Dedicated to quality and stakeholder satisfaction, persistent about achieving project goals.
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, influencing and negotiating.
- A demonstrated willingness to understand and apply established guidelines, prior to collaborating with colleagues to make future enhancements.
- Possibility of up to 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred