We are Via Benefits, a Willis Towers Watson consumer facing brand that has built the largest private Medicare marketplace in the country. We passionately focus on the continuous improvement of the systems we build and the culture we promote. We build a platform that provides the best possible support to our customers who are shopping for insurance, and where our insurers can be confident that their products are accurately and impartially represented.
We are open to candidates in any U.S. location (including remote).
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
As our UX Writer, you partner closely with the UX team to author clear, concise, conversational text that helps customers complete complex tasks. You’ll set the example for best practices in UX writing amongst your peers.
You’ll be joining a UX team composed of designers and researchers collaborating closely to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
- Write thoughtful, helpful UX microcopy: headings, labels, calls to actions, errors.
- Define the problem space, discover what the customer needs to know, and help customers complete tasks based on research, interviews with subject matter experts, and using the product.
- Become a product expert and known within the organization as an expert resource for other content creators writing about the experience.
- Partner closely with stakeholders, subject matter experts, designers, researchers, writers, and engineers.
- Explore and test content by partnering with UX research and QA.
- Own and drive projects independently, while sharing your work frequently in critiques.
- Work from and contribute to style guide and preferred terminology. Participate in developing and refining our voice and tone.
- Advocate for the customer in all aspects of your job.
- Work at both a detailed and a strategic level.
- Support writing, editing, and proofreading needs of other teams and lines of business.
- Actively participate in meeting team objectives.
- Work with remote teams.
- Exceptional at exploring a customer’s problem space end to end, and choosing words that set them up for success.
- Played a major role in writing UI text for complex flows, particularly ones that help people complete complex tasks.
- Exceptional audience analysis, written and verbal communication, and problem solving.
- Passion for finding the exact words or recommending interactions where words aren’t needed.
- Strong grasp of user experience fundamentals.
- Digitally savvy with ability to adapt to new tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Possibility of up to 10% travel.
- Portfolio of writing samples.
- Knowledge of and experience with health insurance or employee benefits is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex technical subjects easy to comprehend.
- Passionate about seizing opportunities for improvement at every turn.