The role will be responsible for applying technical expertise to deliver varied and challenging projects in developing our client portals for benefits using the .NET technology. The role will be part of the global Software Development Team and will be working closely with a team located in Germany. The role will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the existing TAS Pension Administration application.
The role requires a passion for technical design, development, problem solving, and ability to learn new concepts and best practices.
Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting for moderately complex issues
Maintains and enhances systems by fixing complicated errors, raising risks and escalating issues where necessary
Designs high-quality solutions in accordance with timelines and specifications to meet user requirements
Ensures all activities adhere to the relevant processes, procedures, standards and technical design
Work closely with the development team located in Germany
Contribute in the development of the framework for the administration of pension plans
Develop viable architecture concepts, an object-oriented design based on them and implement this with Microsoft technologies (.NET, SQL Server)
Document your solution for the end user as well as for a technology-oriented readership
Work with the components of the framework with the customer informative extensions and transfer the entire system in cooperation with the IT department in the company
Demonstrate learning adaptability, understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations
Strong interest to expand technology stack
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in a technology related discipline, such as IT or Engineering
- Experience in complex software systems using MS SQL Server, Microsoft .Net, (especially Visual Basic 2015, Windows Forms, and ASP.Net). Relevant client-server development experience
- Experience in software architecture, object oriented analysis and design
- Experience with web services (WCF, JSON)
- Knowledgeable in agile methods for software development and Microsoft ALM-Toolsuite (Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server)
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and reliability
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment that has tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn and evaluate new tools, concepts, and challenges quickly.
- Client service focus and flexibility in supporting client requests
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer