London Trans+ Pride will return this summer with a vital protest march, at a time when Westminster takes aim at the community.
The march will take place on July 9 and will aim to “celebrate the memory of trans lives taken and stand up for the next generation of trans revolutionaries.”

It comes amid a wave of political and legislative attacks on the community both in the US, where state Republicans are increasingly targeting trans kids, athletes, and gender-affirming health care, and in the UK, where Prime Minister Boris Johnson has left trans people. at the mercy of the barbaric practitioners of conversion therapy.
Organizers say they will protest Boris Johnson’s “abhorrent and deliberate” move to exclude trans people from the conversion therapy ban, and urge the government to introduce an “X” gender marker for driver’s licenses and passports, Olxpraca reports.
Late last year, the High Court rejected a gender-neutral passport appeal.
London Trans+ Pride will also include a call for the Equality and Human Rights Commission to be abolished, after a series of damaging interventions on trans rights by the equality watchdog.
“The EHRC’s trans-exclusive beliefs are aligned with those of gender-critical organizations like the LGB Alliance, who are working to gradually disenfranchise trans people, making their blatant lack of independence from the UK government even more worrying”, said London Trans+ Pride.
“The EHRC is actively harming the human rights of trans people. We deserve better: LTP is calling for the EHRC to be abolished.”
Organizers said London Trans+ Pride “will march in solidarity with Texan parents of trans children.” Last year’s event also highlighted trans youth.
Earlier this year, Texas Governor Greg Abbott directed officials to investigate gender-affirming care as “child abuse.” A court temporarily halted the investigations, although the legal battle is far from over.
London Trans+ Pride said Abbott’s directive “clearly criminalizes trans children and their families, and its apparent political motivation demonstrates the growing anti-trans sentiment in the US and UK, seeded by gender-critical groups”.
The organizers added: “We march, as always, in memory of all our trans ancestors: brothers, leaders and loved ones who even in death survive so that we can prosper.
“We march, as always, to open a path for all trans people to come. We march for trans life.”
The announcement comes after thousands of people flocked to London on Sunday (April 10) to demand that trans people be covered by the conversion therapy ban.
Organizers estimated that at least 3,000 people gathered outside Downing Street to protest Johnson’s move.
Arthur Webber, a freelance trans journalist who attended the protest, said RosaNews: “I am attending today because there is no reason other than transphobia why conversion ‘therapy’ is acceptable for transgender people, but not LGB cisgender people.
“If it’s torture for them, it’s torture for us.”
Read related myGwork articles here:
Thousands Line The Streets For London Trans+ Pride 2021 – See Pictures From The Day
London Trans Pride - Peaceful Protest
Petition To Include Trans People In Conversion Therapy Ban Reaches 100,000 Signatures
London’s First Trans+ Pride is Happening!
Keep up to date with the latest myGnews