By Karl Darby-Warner, Product Manager at Santander
- Keep an open mind, the day is going to be full on so go with the flow.
- Ask questions – as cliché as it is, there are no stupid questions, and everyone is willing to help you out.
- Take notes – I cannot stress this enough. Write as many notes as possible in a way that make sense to you. You want to walk away from your first day feeling you got the most out of it.
- Knowing your worth – For me, it was a new industry I had to get my head around, and on my first day I had imposter syndrome strike hard. But I caught myself in the day and knew I was hired for a reason and I am good at what I do.
- Relax – it is strange to start somewhere new but embrace it, and make sure you switch off the first evening. Having that break and digesting the day really helped me.