EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
At EY, we are committed to building a better working world – with increased trust and confidence in business, sustainable growth, development of talent in all its forms, and greater collaboration.
We want to build a better working world through our own actions and by engaging with like-minded organisations and individuals. This is our purpose – and why we exist as an organisation.
Running through our organisation is a strong sense of obligation to serve a number of different stakeholders who count on us to deliver quality and excellence in everything we do.
We want to use our global reach and scale to convene the conversation about the challenges facing economies and the capital markets.
When business works better, the world works better.
Learn more about our commitment to building a better working world.
Our people – a diverse 21st-century workforce
Globalisation and underlying demographic trends mean that competition to employ outstanding people is evolving rapidly. Successful companies are adapting to this by building internationally experienced leadership and equipping their people with the skills to lead in the diverse 21st-century workforce.
We are already proud of our people culture, and we are committed to doing even more. Our people tell us that our culture of global teaming and our focus on building a better working world make EY a great place to build their careers. Our clients tell us that in recent years we have improved the effectiveness of our teams, our relationship building and our provision of high-caliber people.
We aspire to have a leading people culture everywhere in the world. Creating a culture that attracts and retains outstanding people and helps them thrive leads to better service for our clients. We are investing in three key elements of our culture that enhance what is important to our clients and our people:
- Inclusiveness – Recruiting outstanding people is just the start. Inclusiveness means making sure all our people’s voices are heard and valued. This not only helps attract and retain the best people, but also it helps get better answers for our clients and our organization.
- Development – Our approach to development involves offering the learning, experiences and coaching all our people need to enrich their careers and deliver the best results for clients, as well as offering additional programs for current and future leaders of our organization.
- Engagement – We want all our people to feel enthused by their work and their colleagues and to be comfortable in an organization that gives them the flexibility to achieve their professional and personal aspirations. We engage our people in countless ways, from selecting the right people to lead major change, to taking an interest in our people as individuals, to being sure to say thank you for a job well done. One way we do this is through our global awards programme, Better begins with you, which recognises and celebrates our people who are making an impact on our clients, people and communities through their everyday actions and behaviour.
- In our day-to-day work, we do all we can to create a culture where people feel they belong. While this drive to create an inclusive environment is overseen by senior leadership, our employees are passionate advocates themselves, for example by running voluntary employee networks dedicated to championing diversity and inclusiveness. As a result, we’ve seen first-hand how working in more diverse teams improves performance and client satisfaction. Our people tell us they’re happier and more productive when they are free to be their true selves at work.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where individuals are respected for the skills and talents they contribute and the impact they make. As such, we have initiatives geared toward our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) people and their allies.
We support our LGBT people through both policy and practice, by working together to:
- Offer top-tier benefits (such as spousal equivalent domestic partner recognition, gender transition coverage, and tax gross up on domestic partner benefits imputed income in the US)
- Take leadership in the community by supporting top LGBT organizations through sponsorship, volunteering and board involvement
- Provide access to resources and knowledge via a wide array of internal tools
- Raise awareness of inequities that our LGBT professionals face in the workplace and in the community