Ideas. People. Possibilities.
Lewis Silkin works with leading businesses to protect and enhance their most important assets - their ideas, their people, their brand and their future. We call it: Ideas. People. Possibilities.
With offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff, Belfast, Dublin and Hong Kong, we are recognised by clients and industry alike as being distinct for our unique culture, market-leading practice areas, sector focused approach and for providing solutions to complex, multijurisdictional business challenges, with a pragmatic and human touch. We have two things at our core: people — both ours and our clients’— and a focus on creative, tech and innovative businesses.
Our culture is encapsulated by an ethos of bravery and kindness, guided by our values of Integrity, Clarity, Unity and Excellence (our ‘I-CUE’). We aim to provide a supportive environment for our people, clients and wider community and embrace diversity & inclusion, ensuring people are able to bring their full selves to work.
Employing over 400 staff, including more than 200 legal professionals, we take pride in retaining a unique culture and a fun, less stuffy whilst professional and fast-paced environment.
We value our staff very highly and build our business by empowering high performance and progression. In 2009 the firm was first recognised as one of the Best 100 Companies to work for in the Sunday Times annual league table and has featured in the table in nine years since then.
Whatever your role, we provide you with the support, management and training opportunities you need to reach your full potential and ambitions.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Lewis Silkin we recognise that a more inclusive workplace allows for a plethora of ideas and thoughts, a variety of points of view that can trigger discussions or deliver innovative results as well as a wide scope of versatile skills and expertise.
We are proud of the diverse range of people within Lewis Silkin and culture of bravery and kindness that allows individuals to be themselves at work, ensuring we provide the best possible service to our clients.
Highlights of our LGBT+ Strand:
- Lewis Silkin is a founder member of the inter-law LGBT network group, LeGalBesT and regularly takes part and hosts group events.
- We are committed to ensuring LS is a welcoming and inclusive space for all parts of the LGBT+ communities, and mark events such as Bi Visibility Day and Trans Day of Remembrance in addition to our annual Pride event.
- We encourage all staff to include their personal pronouns in their email signatures. Including pronouns in email signatures helps to normalise the practice of sharing pronouns and is a great way to be an ally to the trans and non-binary communities. We also hope that this will help us to avoid assumptions about colleagues’ and others’ gender identities.
- We are spearheading a firm-wide review of all precedent documents and policies to ensure they are gender inclusive.
- We work regularly with and are recommended by Mermaids on discrimination issues.
- We work to ensure that our recruitment and application processes and our office spaces are welcoming to and inclusive of the LGBT+ communities.
- We are implementing an internal Transitioning in the Workplace policy.
- Last year we celebrated Pride with a film club and social which focused on re-igniting our sense of community, something truly needed after the year and a half we’d all had. It was a brilliant opportunity to celebrate with our colleagues and we look forward to hosting more events to mark other significant dates in 2022.
"As an employer we place an unusually high emphasis on workplace engagement; for eight years running the firm has been listed in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For listing, one of only a handful of law firms to make that index.We are committed to valuing and promoting diversity in all areas of employment and service delivery, and support current initiatives to increase diversity and social mobility in the legal profession. Lewis Silkin is always interested in hearing from talented lawyers and professional support staff."