myGwork ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Gaubert’s Brothers Limited (Company registration number 08967439) with its registered office being myGwork, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE, UK.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, profiles and/or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number or email address used to contact our customer service department.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use the myGclub app. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
You are able to withdraw or modify any of your personal information at any time.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
Our communications with you:
- We communicate with you using email, myGwork’s internal messaging platform, the myGclub app, mobile text messages and other ways available to us. We may send you messages relating to the promotion of or the availability of products and services offered by us, security, updates, other service-related issues or changes to our terms of service.
- We may also contact you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- You may change your email and contact preferences or opt out of promotional messages by signing into your account and following the steps provided in the online help guide. You will not be able to opt out of receiving service-related messages from us.
- We may customize your user experience to provide you with details of services and products we offer that may interest you (for example, networking events, membership schemes, advertising space etc.); we may display the names of new Members who have recently joined your network or recent updates from your connections and companies you follow.
- We may permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may be of interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or the third party) will contact you by electronic means only if you have provided your consent to this.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
Be aware that any information you put on your profile and any content you post on myGwork may be seen by other Members and that certain content (for example, comments left by Members on company pages and message boards) may be seen by non-Members . We don’t provide any of your non-public information (like your email address) to third parties without your consent, unless required by law.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Note that we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gaubert’s Brothers Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please contact our customer services department for further details.