Start Dates are available in November/December 2020 or January 2021
Who we are:
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to empower decision makers to leverage globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights has offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
As an Analyst on AlphaSights’ Strategy & Analytics team you will play an important role in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. You will be instrumental in supporting data-driven performance measurement, analytically grounded decision-making, strategic planning, and workforce enabling along a number of key dimensions essential to AlphaSights’ growth agenda. You will be based in London, but will work with employees from across the organisation (both regionally and functionally) to execute strategic projects.
This role is an excellent opportunity for motivated and hardworking professionals, who want to develop a highly transferrable strategy and analytics skillset, and learn from colleagues with backgrounds in management consultancy, corporate strategy and data analytics.
- Contribute to strategic decision making across a range of topics, by extracting data from proprietary systems, performing quantitative analyses, drawing valuable insights, and presenting conclusions clearly
- Assist in the execution of recurring business processes which support AlphaSights’ commercial and operational effectiveness, such as pricing, forecasting, budgeting, workforce planning, recruiting, and retention analytics
- Continually iterate with and anticipate the needs of commercial business segments to improve performance of business processes
- Effectively manage data requirements across functions, build dashboards which showcase management information relevant to commercial business segments, and help identify opportunities for growth and improvement
- Take ownership for the real business results and impact associated with the strategic initiatives you implement
- 0-2 years of professional experience required
- 2:1 or above achieved in a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, e.g., Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or in a related field
- An analytical and quantitative mindset, strong attention to detail, and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple business segments
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Experience as an associate / analyst with a consulting firm, investment bank, accounting firm or another highly analytical role is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency in SQL is a strong plus
- Experience with multiple reporting mediums (e.g., Tableau, Periscope, etc.) is a plus
- Must pass a quantitative based test for application to be progressed.