AlphaSights provides bespoke B2B knowledge solutions to leading professionals in investment management, private equity, management consulting, global corporations and select non-profits. #LGBT+Jobs
Our 500+ employees connect professionals to the industry knowledge and market insights they need to identify, assess, and act on opportunities ahead of the competition. With nine offices across the US, EMEA and Asia, we regularly rank as one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Even after 10 years of high growth, we see vast market opportunity ahead of us and are looking for people with talent, ambition, and entrepreneurial drive to join us in rapidly moving our organisation to the next level. See more at www.alphasights.com
This is a new role based in our London Office, managing indirect procurement globally. Sitting within the global Operations function, and working closely with senior stakeholders in Legal and Finance, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for multi-million pound spend across a range of indirect procurement categories. These categories principally include: software, IT infrastructure, professional services, HR services, Facilities Management, insurance, travel, and utilities.
This is a standalone role, tasked with both designing and executing intelligent and efficient procurement processes. The successful candidate will therefore be equally comfortable balancing strategic and tactical elements of the role. Further nuance will be required in balancing the drive to create order, predictability, process on the one hand, with a tolerance for ambiguity, and the pragmatic approach necessitated by our rapidly-evolving, high-growth environment on the other.
We view procurement not as a central policing function, rather as a strategic partner to ensure we continue to optimise vendor contracts, value for money, supply chain, risk profile, and internal processes. This is an ideal opportunity for a procurement professional with relevant private sector experience to make their mark on a dynamic, high-growth firm seeking to optimise procurement
- Procurement Policy and System Design
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Finance, Legal, Operations, and the Commercial Team (CST) to improve existing systems, and establish efficient and intelligent processes at each stage of the vendor lifecycle, from pre-RFP to offboarding.
- Business Partnering and Stakeholder Management
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to ensure optimal buying and vendor management behaviours.
- Be seen as a go-to resource to drive efficient, value optimised, and intelligently contracted procurement.
- Vendor Selection, Negotiation, and Onboarding
- Assist stakeholders with criteria scoping, design RFP and vendor evaluation processes. Coach stakeholders to negotiate and design optimally configured proposals
- Make and assess business cases to onboard, change, and renew suppliers
- Ensure prospective vendors meet all necessary conditions to partner with AlphaSights (e.g. KYC / Data Security), quarterbacking collaboration between purchaser, vendor, Legal, Finance, and any other relevant department (e.g. Engineering)
- Ensure and negotiate optimal value on final contracts
- Onboard suppliers smoothly, ensuring integration with all relevant teams (e.g. Accounts Payables, IT, Commercial Teams)
- Vendor Lifecycle and Relationship Management
- Take point on contract disputes, run review and optimisation task forces, manage re-tender processes
- Conceive of and execute initiatives to further relationships and develop strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Cost Analysis and Value Optimisation
- Track spending trends, and partner with relevant teams (e.g. Finance, Commercial Team) to understand and maximise value and ROI
- Procurement Experience: 4+ years of directly relevant procurement experience in a fast-paced environment. Experience procuring indirect services for a professional services firm is preferred, and familiarity procuring IT services (e.g. software licences) is required. We require robust technical knowledge encompassing: contract fundamentals, excel, relevant industry tools such as vendor management software. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in the areas listed under “Responsibilities,” having managed multi-million pound annual spend.
- Results Orientation and Drive: The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter with strong prioritisation skills, taking a pragmatic approach to identifying the highest impact areas of focus, then designing and following well-considered plans to unlock value. Resilience and determination are key qualities for this role, as is a meticulous mindset and consistent attention to detail.
- Commercial Acumen, and Negotiation Skills: A strong commercial mindset is required for this role; the successful candidate will get a kick out of always unlocking optimal value through contract configuration and intelligent negotiation.
- Stakeholder Management and Interpersonal Skills: Working as a sparring partner across all functions, levels, and regions, the successful candidate will be able to quickly forge trusted and positive professional relationships. The ability to create, assess, and constructively challenge compelling business cases is a crucial skill in this position. High EQ; gravitas to convey expertise along with the humility to accept feedback and others’ points of view in a highly collaborative environment.
- Creativity and Adaptability: This role requires a tolerance for ambiguity, as well as the ability to conceive of elegant and efficient new systems and workarounds.
- Track record: proven record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities. A Bachelor’s Degree is a requirement for this role