We have an exciting opportunity
for a Trials Support Technician based at Shelford Field Station to manage the
sample stores facility and to implement sample ordering, collection and
dispatch both internally and to external bodies, as well as providing support
to our Field Trials Group.
The Trials Support Technician will also conduct field trials on our two field stations providing quality data for Product Development Managers based in Monheim, as well as the UK-based Development Managers. Our field stations provide support to the global agronomic development programme and EU zonal development programme for our products.
· Managing the sample stores facility in compliance with GEP/GLP and relevant legislation.
· Providing and organising collection / dispatch of chemical samples for both internal colleagues and external customers.
· Regular stock checks and storing/organising waste chemical disposal.
· Signing in GLP residue trial products and organising storage.
· Ordering and stock management of packaging material and PPE for personnel on site and also Field Trials Group colleagues.
· Keeping internal chemical master sheet regularly updated to ensure accuracy of current product amounts.
· To carry out allocated trials safely, efficiently and to a high standard in order to provide useable data for the process of registration of new active substances/products.
· By accurate and prompt use of SCOUT system, ensure data is available within one week to Development Managers and decision makers in central functions in order to develop new products as quickly as possible.
· Work closely with Farm manager and internal UK Health and Safety colleagues to ensure all Health and Safety requirements and aspects are being met.
· Maintain temperature records of Sample Stores.
· Occasionally carrying out germination tests, thousand grain weights and hectolitre weights.
· Occasionally carrying out seed treatment of cereal and potato seed for internal and external customers.
general back-up support for all aspects of work on the two Field Stations
during quieter periods
The following qualifications are
desirable but not essential – specific training will be provided to the
· BASIS Certificate of Competence for nominated chemical storekeeper
· Hold IACO/IATA Dangerous Goods Shippers Certificate
· Hold ADTR Certificate
· NPTC basic, knapsack and seed treatment module (1, 6 & 11)
Foundation Diploma (Agriculture)
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
· competitive salary and performance bonus
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
· Employee discount scheme
· State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
· International career possibilities