Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
We have a great opportunity for someone to join our Accounts Payable team in London.
Entry level role into the accounts payable team. Working as part of a fast paced, deadline driven team this role is a great introduction to the Financial Services sector with wide scope for progression within the firm.
Brewin is committed to developing its employees and the role offers study support through either AAT/ACCA or CIMA qualifications as required.
- Responsible for preparing weekly payment by BACS/Cheques
- Ensure suppliers are paid within terms
- Coding & processing high volume of purchase invoices , ensure all purchase invoices are entered accurately and in good time
- Review and process high volume of employee expenses ensure all claims are in line with the company expense’s policy
- Ensure transactions are authorised within delegated limits of authority
- Cashbook and funding control
- Suppliers queries are dealt with professionally and in timely manner
- Posting journals
- Aged creditor review, check any accounts with debit balances, requesting refunds where appropriate
- Review and investigation of any unallocated cash
- Reconciliation supplier statements
- Processing Purchase order
- Minimum of A Levels (Maths or numerate preferred)
- Experience within a finance department helpful but not a strict requirement
- Excellent communications skills
- An excellent team player
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Intermediate Excel level beneficial