Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
About this opportunity
We have an opportunity for a Facilities Project Administrator on a part time basis for a 6 month contract to join our team in Newcastle. If If you think you are suitable with the right skills and happy to work part time (20 hours a week) please get in touch. This role may suit a graduate with work experience, someone returning to a professional services role after a career break, or someone with other suitable work experience.
- Respond to project related requests same day, in person, via phone or electronically.
- Manage requests end to end in line with KPIs while keeping the requestor informed of progress.
- Raising and processing purchase orders. Reconciling supplier invoices against contracts/purchase orders. Maintaining invoicing records and providing rational for expenditure variance.
- Ensure that relevant and accurate information is obtained and entered onto our Project records.
- Liaise with and maintain an effective relationship with internal clients, vendors, contractors and managing agents, ensuring a joined-up approach to call management to ensure work is delivered on time and to a consistently high standard.
- Keeping accurate record of volumes and SLA’s, performance, inputting the data onto the MI sheet.Maintaining the asset management database, including the update of scheduled tasks, and administration of new and replacement assets.
- Maintaining the asset management database, including the update of scheduled tasks, and administration of new and replacement assets.
- To be able to co-ordinate maintenance operatives and contractors, including working alongside other external Helpdesk operatives and systems.
- Manage Vendors entering our offices ensuring new vendors are inducted properly, tasks are completed to specification and sign process followed.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention. Recording vendor SLA failure on the appropriate log and escalating to management.
- Build knowledge of archive system and process, able to archive new items and recall archives as requested ensuring accurate records are maintained throughout.
- Excellent communication skills and able to build and maintain professional relationships with colleagues
- Degree educated
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Have great organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Have ability to prioritise work and to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a busy and demanding environment.
- Highly self-motivated with a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- Ability to use initiative and work as a team member.
- Managing and delivering change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.