Clifford Chance Brussels is currently looking for a Biller to oversee, execute and streamline the client billing process. The Biller will report to the Brussels Finance & Accounting Manager/Financial Controller.
- Supervising the billing process and working with a team of two billing coordinators.
- Ensuring bills and e-bills are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with legal requirements, client agreements, Firm processes and billing partner instructions; reviewing and verifying accuracy of billing and supporting documentation.
- Assisting with the execution of more complex billing processes (i.e. multi-matter, split-party billing, etc.); resolving billing issues.
- Managing the global billing process of strategic clients.
- Working closely with members of the legal teams and following up with them to obtain client billing information with special attention to IFRS 15
- Organizing regular partner/fee earner billing meetings and following up.
- Working in close collaboration with the collections team to optimize working capital.
- Submitting invoices through e-billing portals and fixing possible rejections.
- Reviewing and editing pre-bills in response to partners, managing associates and secretaries' requests.
- Amending, authorizing and printing final client bills and cover letters.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries, time transfers and write-off requests in line with internal audit policies.
- Researching and responding to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Creating and preparing billing reports for clients, partners, legal teams and managers.
- Performing various analyses as assigned by the Finance & Accounting Manager.
- Performing the month-end closing of the billing group information.
- Being familiar with and implementing Firm policies and aligning local procedures.
- Representing the billing team and delivering internal training when requested.
- Actively participating in Global Finance Team projects.
- Excellent command of English with knowledge of Dutch and French.
- Understanding of the financial processes that underpin billing activities; ability to apply these when dealing with the requirements of partners, clients and auditors.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Effectively interact and communicate, written and verbally, with people at all levels.
- Technical knowledge and expertise of a global professional services practice management system (Keystone, Oracle or SAP), together with a sound knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Aptitude to understand new concepts quickly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player.
Previous experience of working within a billing or revenue team, ideally within a professional service firm environment, is an asset.
What do we offer?
You will be working as part of a talented and focused team in a multicultural environment. We will provide you with excellent support facilities and training opportunities, in addition to a well-balanced, competitive salary arrangement.
9:15 to 17:45 with a one-hour lunch break.
As soon as possible.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply for this position, please upload your CV and cover letter.