We are looking for a talented designer join our Total War: Warhammer team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving and data management with excellent attention to detail in crafting and balancing game data to the highest standards.
Tasked with combining content between all Total War: Warhammer products, the Associate Designer will use their expertise in problem solving and data management to develop existing content and features. This will mean working with new game content, mechanics and systems in an ever growing and organic evolving game.
This is an excellent the opportunity to both hone and expand your skills as a designer, whilst working on one of the genre’s most feature rich games.
As an Associate Designer on the project, you will handle the amalgamation of content between Total: War Warhammer’s various products whilst developing your skills alongside highly respected professionals. Through your day to day work, you will gain insight on content from beginning to completion. You will also work with the team on creating detailed feature designs and their associated data, seeing them all the way through development into the final game.
You will be collaborating with other designers, artists, animators and programmers working on the features that you are responsible for. You will also clearly communicate regular updates to the relevant discipline teams; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems. As an Associate Designer on the project, you will be working with multiple disciplines in a team-oriented environment, and must be able to clearly communicate goals. You will continue to seek out and take on board critique and feedback, integrating that into your work. You will be analysing and evaluating game information and communicate your findings to the wider team on the project.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrate a passion for all things game design and a keen interest in games development overall
- A gamer to the core, and a fan of Total War series, having extensive gameplay; you will be motivated by winning the games you play, and will deeply analyse your play in order to achieve that goal
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products. You will be required to make recommendations for improvement.
- Good written skills; can write clearly and succinctly
- Good attitude with regards to complex problem solving
- Modding experience is a bonus
- VB, C++, Python, Art skills, Writing skills
- An expert in Excel
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge of the Warhammer franchise
- An interest in history
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.