Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
We are looking for an experienced and accomplished character artist to make their mark on our new undisclosed IP, working with Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and contributing to the creation of genre-defining games. The right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating characters/creatures with the ability to produce stunning, high quality and efficient game content.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As a Character Artist you will have a proven track record producing 3D character assets for AAA titles. You will be responsible for the creation of all character content, playable and non-playable characters.
Communication and collaboration are critical to the success of this role. You will be a proactive team player, working closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, character content, work with technical animation team to create solid placeholder meshes that work within any rig restrictions as well as the technical art team, providing workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- All applicants should have an up to date portfolio
- Exceptional Artistic ability
- Demonstrable organic modelling ability
- Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of Marvelous Designer
- A practical, working knowledge of Substance Painter or Designer
- A strong comprehension of PBR
- Experience with current commercial games engines
- Willingness to learn new tools and pipelines.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.