We are looking for a keen Technical Animator to join our team, pushing the visual excellence of our games to the next level.
Working with our highly accomplished Total War team, the successful candidate will join our Technical Animation team developing rigs, skins and tools for a variety of characters, vehicles and props, whilst supporting our many animators and artists.
You will be working with the Technical Animation team creating rigs for characters, vehicles and props using in-house tools. You will skin a wide variety of assets and implement these into our game engine. Working with the team you will develop tools and processes to improve the workflow for our accomplished animation teams.
Importantly, you will be approachable and accessible in provide technical support to animators and artists. You will collaborate and communicate with the wider game development team to understand the needs of the various projects to solve production challenges and improve existing systems and workflows.
You be proactive and passionate about your work, developing and maintaining animation tools and systems to solve production challenges. You will also provide feedback where relevant on existing systems and workflows.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Highly developed understanding of figure and facial anatomy
- Proactive and passionate about technical animation and supporting the animation team
- Excellent problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Previously shipped AAA game titles in an equivalent role
- Scripting experience (Python, PyMel, mel)
- In depth knowledge of Maya
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Excellent understanding of Python, C++ and/or Maya API
- Production experience with Motionbuilder and 3DS Max
- Excellent understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix math)
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.