The Role and Opportunity
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Search Experience team is looking for passionate, self-motivated, and top-notch software engineers to join our team to build and manage world class Search Experiences on Native Android platform. The team is on the mission of transforming the way search is done on eBay Platform. We are building an engaging search experience for millions of customers daily and generating billions of dollars in annual revenue. As the Lead Android Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of our native technology stack. In this process, you will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the roadmap and our plan for the future.
Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what’s best for the long-term health of our applications and what’s best for the customer. You are a huge proponent of Test Driven Development, and will advocate and hold engineers accountable for following this pattern rigorously.
- Tech Lead of 3-4 Android engineers working on eBay mobile application for Search domain
- Work with key partners in the PM, Design and Engineering Managers to architect simple, reliable and elegant Android application
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to the team, to build multi-tier scalable, performant and reliable application that operate 24x7
- Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making.
- Mentor exceptional talent at IC level
- Be a culture champion on the team and across the company
- 5+ years of work experience in mobile application development
- Strong Android programming skills, Java and Kotlin language skills.
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Experience and in build products with full stack technologies, with excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous delivery)
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people leading skills, which includes the ability to coach and mentor engineers of all skill levels
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement