eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are looking for a highly motivated security engineer to join eBay’s Global Information Security team to tackle the problems of tomorrow while continuing to build and secure the foundation of today.
We need a hands-on Security Engineer with technology in researching, crafting, and implementing capabilities and defenses to secure and protect eBay’s critical infrastructure.
- Handle reports from Bug Bounty and Responsible Disclosure channels
- Drive Root-cause analysis efforts to identify gaps and recommend improvements
- Partner with engineering teams across company to drive remediation efforts
- Collaborate with peer InfoSec teams in security incident investigations, and driving security charter across organization
- Build automated test suites for common (OWASP10) vulnerabilities
- Own processes for continuously fine-tuning security rules and processes for efficient detection and mitigation
- Recommend, evaluate and integrate security tools including static and dynamic analyzers, security frameworks, software security products and technologies, as required
- Develop and maintain security utilities and metrics dashboards that help team to track/report on compliance
- Evangelize security standard methodologies across organization, and be an advocate for customer trust and data protection
- You would help define overall application security strategies, procedures and operational processes to ensure predictable software development outcomes; refine Information Security processes and procedures.
- We would prefer you have a BSCS degree or an MS degree with appropriate years of experience, we prefer 2-7 years.
- Enthusiasm for searching for potential security bugs in web applications and services
- Ability to deep-dive into data and analyze for security and fraud anomalies.
- Ability to determine risk based on context
- Ability to conduct web security assessments and guide on vulnerability remediation of applications and web services
- Ability to build automation tools for security processes for both mobile and web applications
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate in an effective and personable manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to the security needs of a highly agile organization
- Development experience in Java, Node.js / Python is desirable
- Knowledge of threat modeling at Application level is desirable
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement