eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
About the opportunity:
The business development manager of luxury will focus on Handbags, but will be asked to lean into luxury watches and other luxury focus areas from time to time. They will be responsible for developing and executing customer and inventory acquisition strategies to increase the number of sellers and luxury inventory on the eBay Marketplace. This includes new sales strategies, sales pitches, and business plans. They are required to have an in-depth understanding of the luxury industry and trends. The BDM is responsible for identifying, developing and qualifying the target prospect list. The BDM will work closely with the GM of the luxury vertical to identify and build out goals.
- Collaborate with the Luxury Vertical team to build BD strategy and value proposition for target prospects
- Develop creative solutions to identify new prospects and build a strong pipeline
- Build and deliver pitch, through business meetings and one-on-one conversations with target prospects
- Attend networking events as needed
- Negotiate contracts as needed per company guidelines and policy
- Build trust and long-term relationships with new customers
- Lead reporting on progress throughout the BD process
- Stay current with research in the market and industry trends
Requirements and Qualifications
- Goal-oriented, organized and a phenomenal teammate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experienced at preparing and communicating quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field
- Five years of previous experience in business development, sales, or related field
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Proficient in Sales Force
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement