This role will be accountable for our global coaching curricula, supporting the growth of the coaching soft skills among our Coach community, trainers, and leaders to positively impact the customer experience.
The Coaching Programme Training Lead designs and facilitates our coaching curricula as part of the Global Coaching Programme. Coaching topics will include soft skills in the areas of leadership coaching, coaching to perform and coaching skills development designed with a desire to inspire and meet the needs of our teammates, coaches, team leaders and stakeholders. Materials should have a heavy focus on developing learning experiences with a person centered approach that will have an impact on the way we communicate with our customers and drive our results. The Coaching Programme Training Lead facilitates courses and programs for our customer service coaches, leaders, and conducts train-the-trainer sessions for our global training organization. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate passion and commitment to support the growth of the global coaching community at eBay.
- Gather requirements, analyze, design and develop blended, dynamic and engaging “best in class” learning experiences.
- These can include (but not limited to) instructor-led in-person or virtual classes, interactive eLearning (with assistance from the global instructional design team), and other programs with deliverables, such as instructor and participant course guides, job aids, and learning assessments, with a heavy focus on customer service soft skills and Coaching skills.
- Facilitate and maintain a continuous feedback loop with all stakeholders based on business insights that dictate changes to the learning design and priority focus areas.
- Develop and manage multiple projects and project plans including; total hours to complete a project, draft dates, review dates, final product dates following an end to end content design milestone plan.
- Deliver, facilitate and/or participate in train-the-trainer, project teams, and other Learning and Performance Support events.
- Work as a professional partner and learning consultant to solve business problems in ways that meet the needs of all key stakeholders, including the learner.
- Provide coaching learning programs and support resources to ensure coaches and team leaders can effectively coach to changes we make to our site, policy, processes, and customer engagement.
- Partner with the global quality team to identify highest volume root cause behavior drivers and use these insights to prioritise your training / development plan for your stakeholders.
- Identify learning opportunities and actionable insights that allows your stakeholders to connect effective coaching practices to operational performance
- Identify coaching insight themes and effectively create and implement learning interventions.
- Create strong, trust-based relationships with leaders across the organization to support strategic initiatives, influence culture, identify organizational learning opportunities, and build relationships.
- Engage deeply in learning and understanding our business and service strategy model.
- Deliver quarterly coach onboarding program for both coaches and team leaders.
- Continuously improve coaching onboarding program.
- Participate in the design, develop, implementation, and evolution of coaching resources, including playbooks, workflows, action planning, coaching guides, etc.
- Engage all levels of leaders as key stakeholders in successful coaching learning opportunities
- Significant experience designing, developing and delivering leadership and/or coaching programs and courses required, typically 4+ years’ experience.
- Breadth and depth of coaching expertise and proven ability to translate that into coaching programs.
- Strong preference for experience in a customer service environment.
- Coaching/ training certifications are a plus, though you can also demonstrate experience through roles held in Operations, HR, organizational development, or Learning that have specifically focused on and had responsibility for coaching and training design.
- Experience applying learning initiatives within an operational environment is essential.
- Applying strong business acumen to proactively develop strategic learning components that will evolve the coaching strategy.
- Strong, engaging facilitation skills, for teammates, coaches and all levels of leaders.
- Experience and comfort presenting to stakeholders.
- Experience working with outsource partners is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect insights, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Constructive thinking and alternative short to long-term solutions must be considered.
- Skilled in virtual delivery tools; experience with Zoom is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Can be effective and operate within ambiguity and in a fast changing environment.
- Lifelong learner that seizes opportunities for continued personal and professional growth with a passion for helping others.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-cultural, remote environment. Preference for experience working with a dispersed, global team.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who is comfortable with challenging the status quo.
- Ability to travel globally a few times a year.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced studies in HR, coaching, learning, or change management preferred.
Customer Contact Reasons (If Applicable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Zoom, Articulate
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement