eBay empowers economic opportunity for all by connecting over 170 million buyers with our worldwide network of sellers.
As a Design Lead on the UX Platform team, you’ll be at the center of eBay’s core product design team. In this role you will engage with teams across the organization to design the overall architecture for how eBay buyers and sellers move across and engage in the eBay experience. You will play a key role in defining the future user experience for the world’s largest online marketplace with over 100 million shoppers and 25+ million sellers.
Your responsibility in this role is to bring your talents as a deep systems problem solver, accomplished interaction designer, and information architect to bear in crafting sophisticated and simple interfaces that solve complex interaction problems. Soft skills will also be incredibly important as you forge relationships across teams and across functions to help us all realize our future vision for eBay.
You are a systems problem solver with proven success at tackling design challenges that cut across a large ecosystem of features, platforms, and channels. You thrive on making order out of chaos. You should be knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and standards methodologies, but always feel the need to do better. You are a collaborative leader who listens and responds inclusively while gracefully bringing together varying ideas, opinions, and goals into simple, functional, and sophisticated design solutions that we can all cheer about. You will collaborate with our data, design, product and engineering teams and help forge a consistent vision and architecture for bringing the eBay experience together across multiple design and implementation projects.
- Build world-class, user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product learnings, customer feedback, and user research
- Develop conceptual diagrams, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes
- Participate in user research, testing and product discovery
- Communicate design work and negotiate strategic direction with peers, researchers, design leaders, product partners and executives
- Leadership – self-starter and an active listener and collaborator who values the opinions of others but can also drive consensus towards simple solutions that meet user and business needs gracefully
- Communication skills – strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Strong interaction design skills, as well as a strong grasp of the English language in order to build and share simple user flows
- Strong communication skills – build positive working relationships with team members and across teams, and have a good sense of humor
- Hands-on design skills – ability to build organized information architecture maps, demonstrated knowledge of UCD methodology
- Confidence – Ability to speak openly about UCD solutions, understand business requirements, and be technical enough to work closely with developers
- Mobile design expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience as an interaction designer, product designer, or similar role
- A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work
- Skilled at crafting narratives around user problems and business needs and explaining how your designs meet those challenges
- Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision or equivalents
- Experience partnering with product and developers to deliver great experiences
- Master’s degree in a design-related field (information design or interaction design preferred)
- Experience designing for small businesses, financial products or with sophisticated information sets
- Experience crafting large scale information architectures
- Experience crafting pattern libraries for sophisticated interactions
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.