We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
The eBay Motors team is responsible for the Vehicles, Parts & Accessories, Business & Industrial, Heavy Equipment and WHI (Nexpart Marketplace) businesses in the US. A multi-billion dollar GMV portfolio representing some of the largest categories on eBay.
We are currently recruiting for our Director of Operations in San Jose, California reporting to the VP & GM of eBay Motors.
- Ensure holistic operational health for our categories with primary focus on Parts & Accessories
- Deliver financial metrics for all onsite revenue, largest portion of US Vehicles
- Help coordinate all Marketing, Business Development and Product activities
- Help drive a vision for category management for all segments
- Steer support teams who ensure success of dealers, individual sellers, and buyers
- Drive strategic and operational projects, setup and manage a Program Management Organization
- Realize synergies with other eBay Core categories
- Collaborate closely with the eBay Motors leadership team to
- Define and operationalize category strategies
- Identify and assess strategic partnerships and M&A opportunities
- Provide C-level updates on business performance and strategic initiatives
- Clear track record of success driving strategies and executing operating plans
- Executive level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to tell an elegant story backed by data
- Strong-cross functional leader with high degree of ownership and drive for results
- Highly organized, systematic problem solver who thrives on being efficient
- Passionate for attention to detail
- Comfortable and hands-on with data, analytics, and modeling
- Desire to “roll up your sleeves” to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives
- Must have bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience, MBA highly preferred
- Must have 5+ years operations or consulting experience multiple assignments involving business operations and strategy consulting. Software industry experience strongly preferred
- Solid project management skills, having managed and successfully delivered multiple, complex projects on-time and on-budget
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.