eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of a team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Director Privacy, Americas, will be the primary privacy advisor on all privacy matters under US, Canadian and Latin American privacy laws. The role will serve as the primary privacy advisor to the legal and business teams in these areas and will directly connect with the applicable legal and business team responsible for general legal compliance of products involving personal information.Specific duties will include:
- Provide risk based review of products, programs or projects, especially in the US, Canada and Latin America, for any applicable regulatory or legal privacy risks, and advise on appropriate mitigation controls, risk mitigation and compliance strategies.
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) on relevant products, services involving collection, processing & disclosure of personal information.
- Assist legal and business/product organizations in the development and implementation of a formal product compliance review process.
- Coordinate with regional and functional privacy heads on products that have an effect/impact on privacy in that region/function.
- Establish a communication and engagement strategy with applicable regulators in the region.
- Deep experience in and knowledge of important global privacy laws, including but not limited to US privacy laws, Canadian privacy laws, Latin American privacy laws, and EU GDPR
- Proven experience leading/managing a team of privacy professionals
- JD or equivalent, 10+ years of work experience
- Experience in giving global privacy advice, especially in the US, Canada, and Latin America
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Additional privacy certifications (CIPP/M, CIPP/T, or CIPP/EU) would be an optional benefit
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.