eBay is a global ecommerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to empower people and create economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations of all sizes. We are a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything. Our culture encourages people to think big, be curious, act with integrity, and be courageously inclusive. If this sounds compelling, come join eBay!About eBay Motors
The eBay Motors group is a portfolio that includes some of the largest businesses on eBay such Parts & Accessories, Vehicles, Business & Industrial, Heavy Equipment, and Nexpart. Parts & Accessories (P&A) is the largest product category on eBay and one of the largest P&A marketplaces in the world. Our team is looking to expand our leadership team with a General Manager of Powersports P&A.About the Role
The GM of Powersports is responsible for the success of P&A transactions on eBay for motorcycles, powersports, RVs, boats, planes, and more. With end-to-end ownership across Powersports, the GM will optimize marketing, onsite merchandizing, seller effectiveness, and buyer experience. The role requires someone who understands the dynamics of two-sided marketplaces and always considers the needs of our customers. This person should think strategically, operate with strong accountability, and collaborates well with cross-functional partners.
Once we return to work in-person, this role will be located in either the SF/SJ Bay Area or Salt Lake City UT. It will report into our GM of Parts & Accessories.Responsibilities
- Set the vision and strategic direction for the Powersports P&A category
- Define an operating plan to execute this vision across seller and buyer experience
- Lead and inspire a team to execute the operating plan
- Deliver on customer and financial metrics for the category, including buyer and seller funnels
- Analyze, diagnose and effectively problem-solve challenges that arise for our customers
- Create alignment with other eBay Motors categories, other eBay teams, and global initiatives
- Passion for operating ecommerce businesses and/or two-sided marketplaces
- Track record of success defining strategies, executing operating plans, and leading teams
- Strong cross-functional partner with experience leading through influence
- Executive level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to tell a compelling story backed by data
- High degree of ownership and commitment to results
- Data-driven approach to planning and decision making. Comfortable and hands-on with data, analytics, and modeling
- Organized problem solver who balances attention to detail with efficiency
- Ambition to grow professionally and willingness to work hard, learn/adapt, and provide feedback both upward and to peer teams
- Willingness to engage with customers directly, and a strong desire to help eBay win!
- 8+ years of related experience in ecommerce or similar online business
- 3+ years at a management consultancy or investment bank
- 3+ years of responsibility for P&L and/or revenue goals
- BA/BS required, MBA or similar graduate degree preferred but not required
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it's part of what we do every day. We want to ensure that all employees feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.