Head of Group Motors Strategy
Location: Berlin or Amsterdam
Department: Global Motors, eCG
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Automotive trade is changing rapidly, among others driven by the digitization of vehicle buying & selling as well as growing consumer expectations. We are uniquely positioned to demonstrate and strengthen our global leadership position in a dynamic ecosystem.
We are looking for you to join us as Head of Motors Strategy (d/f/m),
Join us to shape the future of Motors trade! This is an exciting role at an exciting point in time, with eBay Classifieds Group joining Adevinta, subject to regulatory approval. You will be responsible to develop & evolve the Motors strategy for the group, together with the group’s Senior Leadership team.
- Developing a vision for the group’s Motors assets and crafting the Motors strategy
- Translating strategy into strategic priorities and plans
- Leading and implementing specific projects and steering projects for the portfolio
- Assessing and driving business development opportunities, including M&A
- Building and maintaining relationships with key partners globally, including Motors & strategy leads
- Excellent academic background, Master’s degree or similar
- Strong background in consulting, marketplaces or classifieds strategy
- Strong understanding and experience in the Automotive industry
- Consistent track record of outstanding performance, with the ability to take care of complexity and ambiguity in multifaceted environments
- Fast apprehension, personal engagement, excellent logical, analytical and strategic skills
- Strong communication & leadership skills, ability to build, lead and motivate high-performing teams
- Team player, down-to-earth, pragmatic personality
- Ability to work highly independently within a matrix organization
- Excellent English language skills
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to shape the group’s Motors strategy
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout eCG.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel mobile.de is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here: https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com
People are the heart of the mobile.de and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.