Global Head of Organic Search (SEO)
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with many brands that span the globe. Our marketplaces help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or collector items . Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to trade visit our marketplaces because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. Often its out of a sense of environmental sustainability and making sure much loved items find a second home.
Our new colleague, the Global Head of Organic Search (SEO) is guiding, developing and leading the team that drives SEO knowledge and implementation in a geographically dispersed and large matrix organization.
What do you find important in a role:
You like to set strategy and bring it to life. You are comfortable in making tradeoffs in alignment with the broader company roadmap and goals. SEO is part of who you are and you are considered a specialist in your field.
You’re are motivated by scaling growth and that is what you have been doing already for quite some years.
You love building a world-class global team of SEO professionals and Organic Growth hackers who can think in an unexpected way and drive impactful results.
You will like being a strong collaborator and have a sparring partner by reporting into the Director of Global Growth.
What do we expect from you:
We are working on a multitude of local platforms across the globe. You will deliver the defined growth targets via up-leveling the SEO content, technology and link strategy for all our platforms around the world thereby driving growth in traffic and customer relevance.
- Work together, motivate and develop the team of SEO domain professionals to hit monthly, quarterly and annual vibrancy goals.
- You are result-oriented and engender a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we continue to outperform the competition in SEO, and drive partners in analytics and engineering to deliver the required data and tools to do deliver effectively.
- Lead the Global SEO strategy across eCG, identifying both short and long term growth opportunities, prioritizing boldly, and working alongside product and engineering leaders to build a roadmap to support eCG results-oriented organic growth goals.
- Lead and measure performance across keyword targets
- Lead engagement related to automation, tagging, and data integrity with multi-functional partners in Engineering and Analytics. Highlight technical pitfalls and become the driving force behind building a reliable foundation of SEO tech (e.g., structured data, schema markup) and process that will scale globally
- Own SEO growth goals across all markets, defining the strategy and approach for scaling growth internationally, and building out the teams and processes to do so.
- Identify trends and opportunities to drive higher rankings and search coverage. In addition, conducting regular audits to evolve and advance SEO tech & content.
- Direct impact on a company’s SEO strategy, with at least 8 years owning and leading SEO strategy.
- A deep understanding of both the content strategy side of organic search and the technical optimization side, being proficient in scaling and setting up both for growth.
- Possess keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn sophisticated, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- Seasoned manager of high-performance team, with experience building collaborative across geographies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with previous experience structuring and performing analysis in the digital marketing space to drive outcomes
- Consistent track record of leading a distributed team to achieve incremental improvements while working collaboratively with team members from all levels; experience leading agile teams a plus
- Communicator with ability to engage and influence senior management and engage partners with clear direction and solutions
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms and other marketing analytics tools, including any of: Google Search Console, Google Analytics & broader Adobe Marketing Cloud
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout eCG.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel eBay Classifieds Group is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here: https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.