As Head of Service Design DE & EEC you will be leading a team of service design specialists and will report into the Sr Director of EU Global Service Delivery. You are a smart, efficient self-starter with an ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, ever changing environment. This position is full-time and located in Berlin.
- Support implementation of projects from the Marketplace, Trust and GCX portfolios.
- Work with regional business units on local initiatives and with different eBay teams to understand roadmaps and provide Voice of the Customers/Voice of the Teammates.
- Influence stakeholders across all aspects of the business that touch or influence the customer experience to align to the defined strategy.
- Constantly be looking for ways to improve and develop the DE & EEC service to better satisfy customers and to create a consistent experience in line with the defined strategy.
- Conduct formalized processes to gather and understand customer preferences and business needs, then use those insights to determine our service design.
- Partner very closely with the DE EEC Service Delivery Leaders to ensure that all the operational aspects of our service design are considered and implemented successfully.
- Engage with our DE & EEC Service Delivery Leaders to understand our emerging service needs and how best to address them.
- Champion the service and ensure it continues to keep pace with user needs.
- Be focused on outcomes ensuring that you embed, execute finish well.
- Use pilot results to create proposals for new services.
- Look to leverage system/tool capabilities in innovative ways.
- Keep an active lookout for risks, potential gains and issues to anticipate advancements and opportunities to advance the service goals.
- 8+ years’ experience in a customer service environment, of which +5years in a management/leadership position.
- Strong leadership, motivation, coaching, and people skills.
- Track record in successfully leading a service design function in a customer service environment.
- A big picture thinker with an innovative mindset, coupled with a passion for creating solutions that are efficient, effective, and essential.
- Curious about user behaviour, seeks a clear understanding of the design problem, project objectives and value to the customer. Celebrates customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated exceptional emotional intelligence through a track record of earning positive recognition for conduct, integrity, and effectiveness while successfully completing challenging assignments
- Excellent planning, execution, and project-management skills.
- Strong business acumen with the leadership and functional ability to define and implement initiatives with business impact.
- Doesn't shy away from complex problems, but also has a knack for reducing complexity through design and excellent visual, written, and spoken communication.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in, and understanding of e-commerce business models preferred.
- Experience in contact centre management is a must.
- Must be fluent in German and English
- Authentic individual with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with eBay’s mission, vision and DNA.
- Egoless style: someone who puts the interests of the broader team and eBay’s goals ahead of their own personal agenda, someone who hires for diversity and leads in a way that benefits from the diversity around them.
- Confident and well-prepared leader, comfortable in a fast‐paced global environment.
- Collaborative facilitator, who develops relationships and loyalty with his/her colleagues across all business functions and levels.
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy‐in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win‐win” solutions across a matrix management organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers and all levels of co-workers.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement