With more than a billion active listings, tens of millions of daily transactions, conducted by sellers / hundreds of millions of buyers, across more than 30 countries, and 22 different currencies, comprising a product catalog staggering in diversity - eBay is a marketplace like no other that has ever existed. If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.eBay Israel Research
Our team explores and provides solutions for very complex problems that huge data can bring by conducting research in the fields of Recommendation Systems, Machine Learning, NLP and Information Retrieval.
We work closely with the product teams in order to bring state of the art technology to production while publishing the scientific work in top-tier conferences (NIPS, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR, EMNLP, and others).The Role
In this role you will be a part of eBay’s global Seller Insights group in support of spectacularly elevating the capabilities of all of eBay’s Selling. Ensuring eBay’s tens of millions of sellers have access to extraordinary, supremely intelligent tools, analytics and API’s to support their needs to operate and grow. This is a key pillar of eBay’s strategic vision for the company.
- Support researchers by providing crucial analytics over eBay׳s huge databases.
- Define research goals, formulate and apply data mining technologies.
- Apply statistical analysis to extract insights and help define optimal research directions.
- Assist solving complex problems for eBay's core product and see your work impacts millions of people around the world.
- Work with top scientists to conduct top of the line research.
- This is a part time position (2-3 days a week)
- Bsc. in Information Technology / Computer Science and studying towards MSc/PhD.
- Experience with SQL - required.
- Experience with statistical analysis and visualization - required.
- Experience with python, Apache Spark, Hadoop - advantage.
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms - advantage.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.