Designation: Analytics Manager, eBay
Location: India Analytics Center Bangalore
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader, providing a robust platform where merchants of all sizes can compete and win. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. connects millions of buyers and sellers across 190 countries in the world via our core Marketplaces and Classified sites. We are a top 10 global retail brand.
eBay Analytics Overview:
At eBay, we are continually developing insights at a scale and speed to better our customer's experience and this space provides a unique environment within the Analytics organization for opportunities for gathering, compiling, analyzing, and scaling a large volume of Big Data to support the world's largest internet marketplace .They are some pretty large numbers, ones that make our challenges exciting and rewarding to solve. We are looking to identify and cultivate careers for those who want to share a seat at the table. This requires a hands-on approach. If this is you, what are you waiting for – apply today!
About Analytics and IAC: At eBay, the Analytics function is part of the company’s Finance organization, working closely with Finance experts on helping identify investment opportunities, evaluate investment ROI and driving recommendations optimizing topline (growth) and bottom-line (profitability) results, while optimizing our buyers and sellers experiences. Equipped with one of the largest sets of customer data in the world, we are able to derive valuable insights and drive business decisions that optimize user experience and business results. India Analytics Center (IAC) in Bangalore is the largest global analytics center of excellence for eBay outside its San Jose, CA headquarters. The center has diverse functions and teams that work with global teams on topics ranging from Trust, Seller & Verticals, Business Performance, Marketing & Customer Loyalty, Pricing, Advertising, Cross-Border trade, Mobile Commerce and Global Financial Planning & Forecasting. Each team is responsible for enabling data-driven business decisions and generating business insights and recommendations by analyzing this data, and partnering with Business Unit (P&L) teams, Product Managers and Web Developers at eBay on driving impactful decisions that drive revenues and improves customer experiences.
IAC offers you exciting, fast-paced and challenging work, high on business impact. We are an innovation-driven team, and provide a lot of learning opportunities to grow your skills across technical, business and communication capabilities. We also are a fun place to work in, and help our employees maintain a good work-life balance.
Role Overview: The India Analytics Center is responsible for delivering business insights and high impact analyses to the Product and Business teams within eBay. The team addresses strategic and operational questions facing the business including user behavior, performance measurement, and product and marketing efficiency.
We are currently looking for an Analytics Manager (Individual Contributor) to join us. This individual will operate as an individual contributor (IC) and partner with the cross functional teams to meet their analytic needs and conduct extensive analyses of eBay's rich data, generating insights, and communicating those insights to the team to guide the project roadmap. In the process, this person will develop a deep understanding of eBay Marketplaces and site functionality, further strengthen their analytic, leadership, and presentation skills, and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within eBay.
The role is data and analytically intensive. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity.
As a manager-level member of IAC, qualified candidates will also assume leadership responsibilities for departmental activities/responsibilities, including:
- Advising, guiding, and counseling contract staff and other team members as and when needed to ensure full team alignment and compliance with eBay Marketplaces policies and procedures.
- Identifying, recruiting, hiring, developing, and overseeing direct and possibly indirect reports.
- Ensure that the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, performance metrics and other targets.
Additional requirements: Travel to US or Europe offices of eBay 1-2 times a year may be required as part of the role. Some flexibility also required to attend telephone or video conference meetings in late evenings during some days of the week with global partners (working from home).
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build close partnership with the business and product teams to Innovate, identify and Explore new analytics and operational opportunities to help drive results to enable the Business Units to track and drive initiatives.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, test, launch and monitor improvements in user experience
- Primary “go-to” person for business functional leads within Business Units to provide thought leadership and recommendations to future business direction partnering with product and business teams
- Evaluate performance of tested features and deliver final test results in a clear, concise and actionable manner
- Post-launch monitoring: measure performance of features post launch and report back to product and business teams
- Communicate findings to partners, product management, business and product development teams
- Promote a self-serve analytics culture for the organization by educating partners on key reports, data, and interpretation best practices.
Job Skills required:
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity
- A passion for understanding and serving the unique community of eBay
- Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability and demonstrate assertive decision making skills
- Strong partnership-building skills - ability to work across multiple teams and lead analytics, finance, business and product based initiatives
- A proven track record of end to end analytics - problem definition, collating the required information, analyzing the results, synthesizing and presenting a compelling argument and influencing stakeholders to act
- Skill and confidence in dealing with people at all levels across the organization
- Must possess strong passion for achieving practical business impact
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity as well as savvy business judgment and quantitative analytic ability
- Superior communication skills and experience distilling and presenting complex quantitative analysis
- BTech/BE/BS/BA degree (ideally in a quantitative field such in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Econometrics, Math, Physics, Computer Science, other related Core Sciences or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience in analytics and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance OR Master’s degree in similar field/MBA and 3+ years of experience in analytics and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance
- 1-2 years of experience as business partner to senior executives in a business unit within an organization, with proven results and exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytic impact
- Effective project leader who understands business problems and current business trends, responsible for improving financial and business performance.
- Expert Excel, Power Point skills and database query skills (e.g., SQL); and proficiency in data warehouse architecture.
- Master’s degree with strong academic profile and emphasis on quantitative coursework (e.g., degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.)
- Direct work experience interacting with business teams in using data to solve complex problems.
- Breadth of experiences and use cases demonstrating data mining and quantitative analytic ability and hands-on data analytics experience including Multivariate Statistical Analysis (Regression, Forecasting, Classification etc.).
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills and database query skills (e.g., Teradata SQL, SparkSQL); and an understanding of data warehouse architecture, impacting large domain/business unit results and partner relationships
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Python/R/R Shiny and Tableau, ideally in web analytics or at a leading management consulting, financial services or marketing company.
Compensation/ Other Benefits
- Compensation includes fixed salary, bonus and restricted stock units, plus other allowances.
- Medical/Life Insurance for self and family
- Relocation Allowance
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Other Fringe benefits
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.