eBay China Center of Excellence (CCOE) is seeking senior software talents to be part of Marketing Tech team. Marketing tech CCOE team develops Paid Internet Marketing related applications to drive traffic for eBay by sending item Ads or recommendation on Google, Facebook and third-party websites. It targets to bring new users and increase item purchasing conversion for eBay. Our platform includes Science platform and Experimentation Platform to enable scientists test new ideas to improve eBay’s marketing business; Big-data Platform like Feeds and Marketing Data Platform to bring in high quality traffic to eBay; Tracking Platform to give insights of channel efficiency to accelerate development and quick respond to marketing.
Most of the technologies we use are open-source big data projects, like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, etc, and we also use machine learning and have few UI development work.
We are looking for talent who is self-motivated and has interests in coding, design, he or she should be familiar with Java, data structure, OO programming, algorithms, etc. It will be great if he or she is good at big data and ever did open-source contribution.
Here you will take part in processing real big data, building excellent platform for Ads and marketing.
The detailed responsibilities include:
- Work with other engineers, development managers, architects, product managers to design and develop systems that meets marketing needs. Consider the performance, scalability, reliability, quality during design and coding.
- Learn how to solve problems and work as a team.
- Familiar with business logic and come out technical solutions to help business.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Math or related fields.
- 10+ years’ work experience in software development with at least 7+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- Familiar with data structures, algorithms, OO programming, some basic design patterns.
- Self-motivated and excellent problem solving skills.
- Learn fast and a good team worker.
- Familiar with distributed systems, and big data projects, like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Good at English writing and speaking.
- Experience on contributing to open-source is a BIG plus.
- Working Experience in Multi-national Company is a plus
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement