eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.Job Description
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume, highly scalable and resilient distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a Senior SDET, QE Automation engineer for Buyer Experience organization to work in Member to Member Communication engineering team. We are responsible for building and managing end-to-end systems to support safe, secure and effective communication between marketplace sellers and buyers.Job responsibilities
- Write automation testing in Java, Junit, Mockito, Selenium, TestNG and other internal Java-based automation frameworks for Frontend, SOA, RESTful Services and messaging components
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility
- Help develop and enhance continuous integration framework, merging build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Work with engineers, team leads, managers to help developing innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Influence development and architecture counterparts to design for testability
- Mentor and train other engineers, lead larger projects, prioritize test activities and find creative solutions to blocking issues and problems
- Ensure Definition of Done (DoD) process for better quality by maintaining over 80% automation test coverage and other release criteria standards
- Responsible for leading engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
- 10+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and OOA/D
- 6+ years of experience in developing and/or testing SOAP/XML/RESTful, Java backend and NodeJS, HTML, CSS based Front-end applications required
- 5+ years of experience in continuous integration test environments (like Jenkins) and automation frameworks like Selenium/WebDriver/TestNG
- Experience leading complex projects end to end and.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- Familiarity with server-side load and performance testing tools like JMeter is a major plus
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, being able to read and write SQL queries
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for larger multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks
- Quality Assurance background, including JUnit/Code Coverage (Emma)/Mock concepts/Static Analysis is appreciated
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD
- Ability to think innovatively and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
- MS + 8 years of experience or bachelor’s degree (BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree) + 10 years of experience
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.