eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
You would be a member of the Global Information Security team responsible for technical security compliance activities relating to eBay’s Payments, Risk, and Billing organizations.
You will work directly with business leaders to understand regulatory requirements, security compliance issues, lead payment security compliance assessments, mitigation efforts, develop effective remediation programs and actions to resolve security compliance issues. You have a solid grasp of technical security compliance requirements and solutions, Payment and Banking/Financial Industry security compliance requirements and regulations, as well as threats and challenges impacting the protection of customer information across an extended global enterprise. You also have the ability to provide pragmatic mentorship to business leaders and regulators that optimally balances security compliance risks with the needs of the business.
Primary Area of Experience preferred for this role:
- This role is for our payments initiative area, experience in the Banking/Payments space preferred.
- Looking for someone who has dealt with government regulations/regulators, DFS Department of Financial Services and or FedRamp knowledge.
- Security and compliance experience.
- Dealing with auditing in different locations and states.
- Evaluating requirements, money movement protection.
- Working and communicating with external auditors to make sure we are under compliance, determine what we need.
- Some evaluating high risk areas
- Be able clearly articulate what controls we are reviewing and how we would work with external auditors, managing FedRamp vulnerabilities.
- Ability to walk through a control and what evidence we look to give to an auditor.
- Ability to interrupt the control, explain to the control owner what an auditor looks for and work with teams to collect the correct evidence.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with business units and technology teams to ensure alignment to security policies, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Serve as a main interface between regulators and the eBay security team regarding security related compliance activities.
- Perform banking/finance/payment compliance assessments of both business units and IT initiatives to identify critical controls.
- Communicate identified technical payment security compliance risks to business leaders to ensure a clear understanding of these risks as well as potential mitigations
- Manage remediation of security compliance issues impacting the Payments Business with technology and business teams to ensure remediation is completed timely and effectively.
- Define technical security compliance requirements for various eBay technologies and platforms.
- Analyze sophisticated network security, data architectures, and payments systems for control and compliance requirements.
- Document to ensure consistent, reliable, and repeatable activities.
- Additional duties may be required.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or related subject area or equivalent.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, or equivalent information security certification
- In depth understanding of compliance regulations and requirements such as FFIEC, NYDFS, SOX, GLBA, GDPR, and various Data Protection Laws.
- Experience in ecommerce, payments, and/or the financial services and technology industries.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and implementing financial regulatory compliance programs.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing executive leadership on compliance activities
- and direction.
- Solid project management, interpersonal, relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Interface, influence, and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business colleagues and teams in multiple locations at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of information security principles and of relevant industry standards
- Ability to establish working relationships that enable self-direction in collecting requirements and prioritizing work.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new environments and technologies.
- Must be organized, goal-oriented, and a self-starter.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly sophisticated environment.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams to deliver results.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as required.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.