The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. In Germany, we have two of our leading brands:
mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany.
The newly founded Motors Marketplace eBay Classifieds operates worldwide from our offices in Amsterdam and Berlin. As part of the product development team in either Berlin Friedrichshain or Dreilinden near Potsdam (your choice!), you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a Project Manager (d/f/m).
In this role you will be part of a cross functional team, developing, maintaining and improving the global Motors platform. You will sync with our teams and colleagues worldwide on features and newest developments.
- Coordination of external partners and agencies and ensuring a flawless integration into our internal development streams
- Collaboration with all departments and teams to secure, prioritize and align cross-functional, cross-domain delivery teams to deliver the project
- Facilitate project status meetings, map and track dependencies, track status of existing issues and identify new issues and risks. Know the health of the projects, risks and impact to delivery of customer and business value.
- Act as a central point of contact for all communication related to the external input of the project
- Ensure that project enforce to established standards and good practices. Help define new development processes and industry standard methodologies.
- Build and update vital documentation such as slide decks and achievement plans tailored to the audiences
- Assess impact of change requests.
- Recommendations on how to best approach the project keeping in mind the business goals.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in technical project management.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management or related field.
- Hands-on experience as a Program Manager or Project Manager.
- Strong solid understanding of software development and eCommerce for an international company.
- Ability to work optimally in a dynamic and agile development environment.
- Strong sense of ownership, with focus on proactively removing project obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to seek down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery.
- Asking the hard questions to get to the core of a problem.
- Ability to operate independently within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements
- Ability to facilitate and moderate meetings and workshops such as project kick-off meetings or requirements refinement sessions
- Passion to work in an international multi-cultural environment and a sense for adoption the communication styles when needed
- Effective oral and written English communication skills. German is a plus.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout eCG.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel eCG is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here: https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com
People are the heart of the eCG Group and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement