**eBay is looking for experienced Software Engineers for our Platform Security team, location flexible in U.S.**
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
About the team:
Is security the first thing that comes to your mind when you are embarking on creating something new? Are you someone who is passionate about using the latest and greatest technologies out there to deliver the best solution? Do you see yourself as someone who can build a product that impacts millions of people? If so, we will be thrilled to have you join our team!
eBay is the largest e-commerce platform in the world, and security is the most important thing when doing business online. eBay Platform Security team’s goal is to provide protection to the eBay data from different aspects. Platform Security team is responsible for a series of security products like Secret Vault, Key Management System, Identity Access Management System etc. These products enable eBay application teams to build systems with intrinsic capabilities to handle user’s sensitive information securely. All of our security products operate at a very large scale and are fundamental in supporting eBay’s infrastructure and applications that run on them.
As new technologies emerge every day, new means of security attacks also arise. One important goal of the Platform Security team is to keep up with the latest security standards and understanding the technical fundamentals to prevent the latest security attacks.
We are looking for a strong technical leader who can design and deliver robust security products. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will be collaborating with a hardworking team of members in a fun and agile environment delivering world class security solutions to eBay.
- Design and build a distributed system with high security, high transaction rate and high availability.
- Stay abreast with industry standards and emerging security technologies and new attack patterns
- Collaborate with architects in defining the technical charter for eBay’s security products.
- Work with partners to clarify requirements and deliver business solutions.
- Evangelize security first approach to teams within eBay to improve eBay’s overall security posture.
- Mentor junior team members to improve the team technical skills.
- BS or MS degree in computer science.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
- Excellent understanding of JWT, JWE and OpenID Connect
- Hands on development experience on security related projects including access management, session management, cloud security, etc.
- Experienced in risk and threat assessment
- Abundant knowledge on large scale distributed systems
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement