Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two
worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
About the team:
We are currently looking for a skilled Senior Android Engineer (d/f/m) who is passionate about building valuable products to our customers! The role sits within the Product- and Tech- organization and directly partners with other specialists, UX, Frontend Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers.
We are a native apps platform team of driven people with an outstanding team spirit. We are passionate about technology and architecture to build awesome products – but we also have a good sense of fun and enjoy working together!
- Shape and contribute to our Android application platform
- Ensure functional excellence of our Android app
- Research and prototype new solutions to difficult problems
- Ensure that code follows the latest design standards and good practices
- Push forward our testing strategy including unit and UI tests
- Evolve our CI and build infrastructure
- Partner closely with our Android and iOS guilds, front-end and back-end to continuously improve our Android application platform
- Mentor other Android developers in architecture, process and the different aspects of a large scale Android app
What we are looking for:
- Passion for Android development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
- Proven experience with the Android platform
- You speak Kotlin as your mother tongue (language and APIs), experience working with Java is a plus
- Proficient experience with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST and JSON
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (e.g. Dagger 2, Hilt)
- Back-end, web front-end or iOS experience is a plus
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery, and continuous deployment.
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience for the users.
- Independently and quick research of new technologies and concepts.
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout eCG.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel mobile.de is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here:https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/mobile
People are the heart of the mobile.de and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.mobile.de is part of eBay the Classifieds Group
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.