eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating a results-oriented and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.The team:
eBay’s Americas M&A Strategy Team is responsible for sourcing and evaluating strategic acquisitions, investments and joint ventures for the Americas region. The team provides the Americas leadership team the insights, analyses, business case, and rationale to enable go/no-go decision-making for potential investments and acquisitions, and it collaborates closely with Corporate Development on execution and integration. The team works closely with eBay’s Corporate Development team and the Americas Strategic Partnerships team to assess the appropriate path forward for a given opportunity. The team will also collaborate with Product, Technology, Finance, Legal, and Human Resources, where appropriate, to incorporate their points of view for a given potential transaction.The opportunity:
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, M&A Strategy. The Senior Manager will report to the Senior Director of M&A Strategy and play an important role in identifying prospective target opportunities and developing opportunity assessments using strategic and quantitative analyses by working closely with Category Managers and other Americas leaders to understand their strategic ambitions, needs, and priorities.Job requirements:
- Critical thinking: Tie our investment approach to the overall strategic goals of the Americas, going beyond the nuts and bolts of a given transaction to consider the impact to our users, our employees, our brand, and our economics. Develop a strong understanding of the eBay business, as well as be aware of key industry trends, in order to ensure our investment recommendations remain relevant and impactful.
- Problem solving and analytics: Demonstrate strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, including preparing financial analyses and models, to build the fact base and insights required to drive investment decisions.
- Process and project management: Coordinate with Regional and cross-functional counterparts to prioritize, build clear project plans with action item owners, and define deliverables and decision-making processes.
- Strong communicator: Develop presentations and other materials to support potential investments and represent the team in discussions with senior leaders. Ability to present to, to engage with, and to influence senior leaders via a logical, fact-based dialog is essential.
- Phenomenal teammate: Demonstrate a positive, curious, and collaborative demeanor within the team and across the organization.
- 6+ years of work experience preferred. Top tier strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy experience strongly preferred
- BS/BA degree required with significant academic achievements, including academic awards and other recognitions. MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Project management experience required
- Proven experience in commerce/ retail, consumer goods or internet services a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.