eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of logistics, to empower sellers through state-of-the-art shipping tools.
About the role:
eBay is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive our shipping strategy and provide a step change in thinking and operating with our shipping deliveries. As a marketplace catering for a wide range of users - from private sellers to large merchants -, we continuously craft and implement shipping solutions that cater for the needs of each.
Developing a platform to support multiple geographies and partners carries with it many challenges. The ideal candidate will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. He or she will work closely with in-country and regional business leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, improve utility of features common to multiple key partners, and efficiently solve for local functionalities critical to market success.
- Define and execute product strategy and roadmap for a range of shipping programs and solutions, in a capability driven approach
- Handle internal and external partners to define the requirements, establish the roadmap and priorities around
- As the Product Owner, provide clear product vision to your scrum team and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap
- Clearly set the product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term results and longer-term investments in technology platforms
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Share overall responsibility for the launch of a commercially viable and competitive product, working closely with cross-functional teams marketing, product, legal, customer support and operations
- Represent product in setting and executing the go-to-market strategy led by the internal business partners
- Comfortable with data and extracting insights from data
- A great communicator both verbally and written
- Experience with agile development process
- Ask the right questions to formulate product perspective and present requirements
- Balance technical and business acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on business
- Builds positive relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- 7+ years of product management experience with at least 5 years in Supply chain and/or Commerce technology related projects
- Experience in logistics preferred
- Past experience in product development or platform product management would be ideal
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement