eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the business:
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, ambitious and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Are you a curious, hardworking Senior UX Researcher who has a clear vision on how to capture deep insights and identify product opportunities? We would love to hear from you!
As a Senior UX Researcher, you work closely with others in order to execute strategic and tactical research initiatives, with insights being used to help shape products.
You understand how vital research is at ensuring we are customer centric and building the “right” thing
- Design, plan and execute exploratory, generative, and evaluative user research methods that deliver customer focused insight to all of our products.
- Lead in the translation of findings into impactful results, empowering product teams with a clear understanding of where to go next.
- Champion research and build positive relationships with executives, stakeholders, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Build a holistic picture of our customers be it through journeys, personas or other methodologies.
- Mentor the product teams on what outstanding user research looks like, getting teams excited about the benefits it provides.
- Identify where to improve our research strategy in order to maximize the impact of our work and strengthen our customer centricity.
- Discover opportunities by activating design thinking and concept making through facilitation.
- Expertise in knowing when to apply the range of research methods with experience in collecting and reporting deep actionable insights.
- Strong evangelist of a customer-focused approach, providing impact through insights.
- Independently driven problem-solver who enjoys working with others to establishing consensus and facilitate change.
- Practical experience in scaling user research methods and processes throughout the product life cycle.
- Strong oral and written communication skills a must.
- Minimum 8 years experience in respective discipline.
- Master's degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement