Strategic Programme Manager – SMB
We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
SMBs (small to medium businesses) are a key part of the eBay core business and this newly created role is key in supporting and driving global and local business initiatives to drive forward improvements for SMBs that enable them to grow their businesses on eBay.
In this cross functional, analytical role you will be targeted with growing organic sellers GMV, sales growth and survival rates plus driving our onboarding to first sale figures and organic seller number and onboarding funnel metrics.
- Champion the SMB seller across the organisation always thinking of the bigger picture.
- Support and E2E project manage the development and delivery of workstreams to onboard and scale SMBs on eBay, from concept and initiation to release and go to market.
- Use data to identify opportunities to evolve the platform and offer for SMBs and navigate change across an enterprise organisation
- Lead relationship with inventory planning team to drive and deliver analytic requirements underpinning all workstreams and measurement
- Drive processes, tools & product enhancements to activate and/or optimise trade propositions & seller levers for smaller businesses
- Balance trade-offs between business needs with technical constraints; gaining consensus across partners along the way
- Ensure clear status reporting is happening at all levels, whether at the sponsor level or day to day team members
- Passionately understand the eBay customer, and drive a customer-first mind set across the business
- Present formally and informally with impact to senior audiences to drive understanding and buy in
You will have:
Commercial strategy: experience in developing & delivering strategic plans to drive commercial objectives that ladder up towards the achievement of overall company-wide business goals.
Project management: ability to create & execute operational plans. Required to co-ordinate & deliver complex initiatives across different business functions & departments .
Stakeholder engagement: Able to build and sustain relationships across all functions and levels in an organization, to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of plans.
Analytical orientation: A self-sufficient analytical thinker with the knack of sifting through detail and putting complex ideas into clear frameworks. Makes data driven decisions and is action and results orientated. Proficient in SQL and Excel.
Customer focus & advocacy: A real passion for customers & ability to link to day-to-day role.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement