eBay is a global commerce leader that allows us to influence how the world buys, sells, and gives. We connect 25 million sellers to 180 million active buyers across 190 markets to participate in global commerce of 1.2 billion listings - one of the largest product catalog in the world.
Here, you can be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people all over the globe. We seek people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay — if this sound like you then we’d love to talk to you!
What sets us apart
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We work hard to create a level playing field where all players, big or small, have the same economic opportunity.
Shipping connects the online marketplace to physical logistics. We simplify options for thousands of sellers and partner with carriers globally. Shipping is a core eBay initiative responsible for delivering the world’s greatest selection cheaply, conveniently and dependably. The shipping team at eBay powers:
- Options to pick up from lockers or stores
- Manage international shipping challenges on behalf of sellers
- Predictive models for Delivery Estimates and Shipping Recommendations
- Loyalty programs, Integrated Tracking and Label Printing Platform
We care about your career growth, and we believe our team will provide long-term sustained development opportunities. We work to pursue highly technical and practical problems with cutting edge technologies. Our massively distributed environments make a real and immediate impact on one of the planet's biggest marketplace communities.
Shipping's charter begins when sellers list their items. We offer programs which generate mutual benefit for sellers and buyers. We help buyers choose the shipping option best fitting their needs, promoting trust with the seller and platform at the time of purchase. Sellers use our labels platform to ship their items and our convenient pickup options and tracking assures the buyer that her item will arrive safely and on-time.
We are looking for an outstanding leader, self-motivated and hardworking who wants to build scalable, business critical systems and products that will evolve and grow the eBay Core Shipping Product and Technology team.
Are you passionate about being a customer advocate and delivering high-quality designs and components that can scale vertically and horizontally? Are you a creative problem solver, not afraid to find outside-the-box solutions for difficult challenges with high scale systems? Then this is the job for you!
You will have opportunities to:
- Lead a team of engineers and drive projects end to end
- Track business impact of features on a regular basis
- Rely on data to make informed decisions about future directions
- Scope, prioritize, plan, drive, coach and most importantly, have fun.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of relevant experience (or Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience)
- Proven track record in a managerial role (5 years plus, team size of 8 plus), leading projects and delivering results
- A foundation of coding skills (Java, Python or C#)
- Outstanding design and problem solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale. Experience in distributed systems, database technologies, and online services is a strong plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Have a genuine love for technology and the ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment
Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead.
Being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel safe at eBay, included, and have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation for the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement