About the team
Are you interested in making a real impact on a product enjoyed by hundreds of millions of users worldwide? We are eBay's Search web frontend team, and we're looking for a strong senior web engineer to join us. As a small team of dedicated engineers, we strive to provide our users with world class experiences. We work closely with product managers, designers, and our fellow engineers to deliver a robust and responsive web application. If you're interested in seeing the software we are building, please go to www.ebay.com and perform a search.
- Work closely with PMs to clarify requirements and provide any technical expertise
- Work with designers to pave development approaches
- Work hand in hand with our services team to define interfaces, scope integration efforts, and prototype proof of concepts
- Conduct and participate in design, PR, test plan, and release reviews
- Write and maintain unit, functional, and automation tests
- Quickly resolve issues related to speed, security, and accessibility
- Rotational on-call support monitoring production metrics and providing support if issues arise
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in designing, building, debugging, refactoring and releasing large web apps with support for both mobile and desktop browsers
- Expertise in REST API interface design
- Proficiency with web template engines, Marko preferred, testing frameworks, environment configurations, GIT, JIRA and IDE
- Familiar with Java and JSP
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.