*** PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION REQUIRED ***
eBay is a global commerce leader that shapes how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have an important impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for supporting small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
As a Senior Designer in the Buyer Experience space, you’ll be a part of eBay’s core design team. This role will envision and design best-in-class user experiences for the world’s largest online marketplace with over 100 million shoppers and 25+ million sellers.
Using design creativity and user-centered design principles, you will work with cross-functional teams that are reinventing the social, mobile, local commerce landscape on a grand scale to and address exciting new business opportunities. Your responsibility in this role is to craft elegant and simple interfaces that solve complex interaction problems. Strong interaction design skills underpinned by strong visual design and content design skills are required for this role.
You’ll need strong attention to detail as well as an eagerness to tackle design problems at scale. You should be knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and standards methodologies, but always feel the need to do better. You’ll make things — elegant, alluring, smart things — and drive engagement and loyalty to eBay. We work across the product development cycle and pride ourselves for solving really big problems with design thinking. You will collaborate with our data, design, product and engineering teams and be responsible for creating ideas, communications, and interface for the shopping experience.
- Create world-class, user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product learnings, and customer feedback
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Participate in user research, testing and product discovery
- Communicate design work and negotiate future direction with peers, researchers, design leaders, product partners and executives
- Leadership – self-starter with proactive stance toward achieving success on projects
- Communication skills – strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Strong interaction design skills and visual design skills, as well as a strong grasp of English language in order to create and share simple user flows
- Strong social skills – build positive working relationships with team members, and have a good sense of humor
- Hands-on design skills – ability to create organized information architecture maps, demonstrate knowledge of UCD methodology
- Confidence – Ability to speak openly about UCD solutions, understand business requirements, and be technical enough to work closely with developers
- Proven experience as a UX designer, interaction designer or similar role
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
- Experience in core design research, including competitive and landscape analysis, pattern research, qualitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation.
- Specialist in designing across multiple devices from mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Experience working with product managers and developers to deliver great experiences
- Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users
- Expert in design and prototyping tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, Figma, Principle, Invision, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design or equivalent
- A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Diversity and inclusion
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement