.eBay Managed Payments encourages passion, courage and inventiveness. Risk and Identity Technology is at the core of Payments done well. We are looking for an innovative and creative leader who will lead the engineering teams building systems to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for 187 million customers globally who transact with us every single day.
You will define and execute eBay’s technology strategy for Risk and Identity. Our team builds systems for seller risk management, transaction fraud reduction, securing our customers identity, moving to a pass-wordless world and crafting a streamlined user onboarding experience. You will have the opportunity to innovate in areas such as device fingerprinting and bot detection; rapid customer identity verification; streaming data processing/analytics; machine learning model development and anomaly detection. This is an outstanding opportunity to ensure the customer experience is as seamless as possible while mitigating impact from fraudsters.
The Sr. Director, Risk and Identity, reporting to the Vice President of Payments Technology, will lead a distributed team of 250+ software engineers in San Jose, California; Austin, TX and Shanghai, China.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in crafting technical vision, developing a road map, hiring and building a best-in-class technology team and influencing multi-functionally while working in a matrixed organization.
- Create vision, build and scale the Risk and Identity Technology organization.
- Lead strategy and planning for the engineering roadmap to drive growth across the payments risk and identity platform.
- Define the architecture for a flawless onboarding experience globally.
- Formulate & communicate long-term objectives & expectations, define strategic direction
- Partner closely with Product Management, Quality and other key partners to deliver a differentiated experience.
- Establish standard methodologies for software development, including Agile and other lean model development and testing strategies to accelerate time to market.
- Recruit, develop and mentor premier engineering talent.
- 12 + years of technical management experience
- Solid understanding of computer system fundamentals
- Experience building high-availability, large-scale distributed systems, in either the financial services or technology industry
- Proven track record to attract, mentor, develop, and retain senior individual contributor engineers
- Experience leading distributed teams and creating effective models for working across offices in different countries
- Experience in Identity & Authentication / IAM, including knowledge of multi-factor authentication technologies such as biometrics and industry standards such as OpenID Connect/OAuth and FIDO is desirabl
MS Degree in Computer Science or a related field
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your outstanding self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement