At eBay, we passionately believe that with data we can shape the online shopping experience. If you are interested in joining a data driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious business goal and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be part of.
The Enterprise Big Data Platform at eBay plays a critical role of enabling product teams to utilize open-source stream processing framework to build distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data solution for business purpose. We are looking for an experienced, passionate Product Manager to shape our world-class capabilities of Big Data Platform Solutions, which enables end-to-end data analysis capabilities for various internal domain business team, from streaming/messaging platform, to near real-time analytics and offline analytical capabilities.
As product manager, you will become the trusted resource for your product and take responsibilities for all product lifecycle activities including customer development, product exploration, strategy, roadmap and coordination with engineering for execution. This is a highly visible role that will have a significant impact on the strategic direction of the data platform offerings.
- Drive product development from concept to launch, and operate in a fast- paced setting.
- Lead a matrix team to define, evolve product strategy, and product roadmap; integrate usability studies, and market analysis.
- Close partnership with engineering to understand technical trade-offs and architecture in order to successfully influence product design
- Bridge business and technical worlds very well, a good conceptual thinker to articulate opportunities and solutions.
- Lead in-person or virtual conversations with internal customers to understand users, priorities and design considerations
- 5+ years strong technical product management experience, or other business oriented/customer facing technical role
- Experience building platform software that is consumed by technical developers
- Experience working cross-functionally internally as well as externally
- Fluent English communication within international companies
- Seasoned with big data ecosystem and related knowledge on Kafka, Flink, Spark, Elastic Search, Hadoop, SQL, and so on, best practices to handle
- Work experience on building real-time and near real-time big data solutions is a plus
- Work experience on modern data warehousing solution is a plus
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.