Insurance – Audit Senior/Assistant Manager - Bristol
The Bristol office are looking for individuals who want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative and growing team. Individuals that want to work hard and be rewarded by progression. Why not choose EY Bristol? Our Financial Services audit team work with clients across the entire South West and Wales region. For a truly regional career that reaches new heights, please apply.
Do you have a passion for Financial Services? Do you have a background in Audit? If so, we are looking for people who have experience within the Banking, Insurance or Wealth and Asset Management sectors, specifically at the part qualified and qualified senior level.
EY’s Financial Services practice in the South West & Wales has experienced significant growth over the past 5 years, growing from a team of 25 to over 120 people with ambitions to grow to in excess of 200 people over the next 18 months.
Your key responsibilities;
- Managing the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Leading and managing fieldwork on client sites to ensure a smooth delivery of the audit process.
- Building long-standing relationships with clients and identifying business development opportunities to maximise revenue.
- Demonstrating an analytical and solution-based approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrating expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- Demonstrating expertise in complying with auditing standards.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations.
To qualify for the role you must have;
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualification or part qualification (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes.
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Insurance, Banking or Wealth and Asset Management industries.
- Excellent teaming skills and the ability and desire to coach and develop more junior members of staff.
Ideally, you’ll also have;
Worked in a Big 4 or mid-tier firm
Have a significant interest in Financial Services
Passion to lead and develop others
Desire to continuously challenge and develop yourself
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.